2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating a new record (2000)

I making a form that is used to enter the time an individual works at a particular position. The form has a "Time On" field, a "Time Off" field, and an "Initials" field.

In creating the form I used text boxes for each of the three fields listed above and there are ten rows of text boxes although only the first row has a label. What I'd like the form to do is make a new record in the table the form is connected to for each row of times that are entered. What is happening now is that when I put a time in the first row, that same time shows up in each of the rows.

Can Anyone help?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating a new record (2000)

I'm not sure I understand, but I think that what you want is a continuous form. You need only one set of the controls for Time On, Time Off and Initials for this, so remove the other sets and adjust the height of the detail section accordingly. Then set the Default View property of the form as a whole to Continuous Forms.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Hans. I really appreciate it.

I removed all the other text boxes on the form so that there are only one for each of the required fields. (One for Time on, one for Time off, and one for Initials) I changed the form Default View Property to Continuous form. That solved one item in that when the user enters information into those three fields and presses tap or enter, the information is entered into the table in a new record and the curser moves back to the first field, but they can not see the entry they just made. I'd like the user to be able to see each entry they made for a particular position during the date they are entering data for. The reason for this is that they have to account for 24 hrs for each position worked. Is it possible for each "line" or row of information to be a new record in the table and also be displayed on the form as a new line so the user can see all the entries made for a particular position on a particular date? Also, is it possible that after a time is entered into the

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In a continuous form, all the records normally *are* shown. It sounds like you may have the form's Data Entry property set to Yes.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Charlotte. You were right, the Data Entry property was set to yes, but changing it to no made no difference. After I enter data in each text box and hit enter or tab, the boxes clear. The data is going to the table but clears the text boxes even though I have them large enough the show many lines.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You shouldn't make the text boxes large, they should show only one line. The detail section must be short enough that it can be displayed several times in the form. See screenshot - the upper part is design view, the lower part is form view.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, That worked. To be honest i didn't know that you could use the headers and detail section like that in a form. I had used it on reports but that was all.