Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot Open Multiple Files via Right Click (Word 2002/SP 2)

<font face="Comic Sans MS"> I cannot right-click and select Open if I have more than one file selected. The command is available, but when I click it nothing happens. This also occurs with the Print command on the shortcut menu. Any ideas? We are using a WinXP/Office XP system.

FYI..This occurs with all file types, not just Word documents</font face=comic>.
    finalword

Thanks

Re: Cannot Open Multiple Files via Right Click (Word 2002/SP 2)

Are you trying to do this in a Windows Explorer/My Computer list, or in a dialog box (e.g., Word's File>Open dialog)?

In the first context, it obviously should work just the way it did in earlier versions of Windows. If it is not working, perhaps you have something running at startup that "cancels" or otherwise interferes with it. What add-ins are you running in Word?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Yes we are trying to open the documents from a file list Explorer or My Computer. We have Legal MacPac, Docxtools, PDFMaker, Docs OPen integration and Metadata Assistant open with Word.

It cannot be a word startup template problem though, since we have the same trouble selecting multiple Excel files or PDFs or PowerPoint Presentations and selecting Open from the Shortcut menu. </font face=comic>
    finalword

Thanks

Maybe it's related to DOCS Open, then. It's one of the few variables in your environment that could affect all of those doc types. Since I can't replicate your environment on my computer, I don't think I have any way to test this hypothesis. However, there are some other DOCS users who visit here now and then, so perhaps someone will recognize this issue.