Thread: photopoint.com

AJG

photopoint.com

I am unable to upload pictures to my photopoint.com account from Outlook. I can do it from Outlook Express. Is there a reason why and can I fix or repair it so I can use Outlook?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: photopoint.com

i'm not sure i understand how you upload photos using a mail client. if oyu can provide more specifics, we might be able to help.

Thanks

If photopoint.com works like WebShots (.com), you must send photos from the address you registered with the service. (WebShots tells you this in the error message, I think.) Is your "from" address in Outlook different from your "from" address in OE?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

so you can email? not knowing more specifics about the problem, i'd make a wild guess that RTF formatting might be enabled and that is causing problems.

AJG

MaryJ,
    I send an email to photos@photopoint.com with the photos as attachments. My account at photopoint account is my email address. I believe outlook and outlook express handle attachments in different ways. What do you think?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

they don't really handle them differently - if you use plain text format in outlook. if you are using RTF, yes, they handle them very differently.

look in tools > options > mail format. change to plain text for one message (if using html as a default) using the format menu in the open message. do not use RTF (rich text)