New Lounger
    Kansas City, Missouri, USA

changing hyperlinks to files (WordXP)

I don't know if this a a Word problem or my Webmasters problem. I created a document with hyperlinks to files which are located on a shared drive. when I hover, the links look like this
    "file:///moverkc02commonsafetyIBC FormsIBC_Forms_DO_NOT_DELETEFormB Human Derived Substances Registration Document.DOC" and in this form, will be accessible to everyone on our intranet. However, if I try to edit the link, it looks like this ../../../IBC Forms/IBC Forms for Program Links DO NOT DELETE/Form B _ Human Derived Substances Registration Document.DOC and when our Webmaster tries to publish it, it seems to end up with links to his (or my) personal settings temporary folder! Is there a setting somewhere to stop this "floating" from happening? Real URLs don't seem to change during this process. The document is full of these, and they get updated with some regularity and it is always a pain to get them all fixed each time.

Plutonium Lounger

Re: changing hyperlinks to files (WordXP)

There was a recent thread about he same problem. I don't think we found the definitive solution, but macropod's macros in <!post=Update paths in INCLUDETEXT et al. (Word 2000/XP),261488>Update paths in INCLUDETEXT et al. (Word 2000/XP)<!/post> may be useful to repair all hyperlinks at once.