3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Using a second window and selecting text via code (Word 2000)

Is there a way to:

1) Via a COM Addin or VBA code create a additional window which I assume would need to be modeless and dock it to a part of the Word window?

2) In the second window mentioned in 1 above, is there a way to move and/or copy text between the two windows?

3) Is there a way to select a given number of lines of text using code ( VBA). The idea here would be to move and/or copy that selected text to the second window.

Thanks

Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Using a second window and selecting text via code (Word 2000)

A text box or frame?

Thanks

(1) and (2): What kind of window would this be? If you mean, a second Word document window, yes, of course, you can have two documents and do anything Word-ish with either or both of them. If you mean a window from another application, esp. one that doesn't have an easy-to-automate COM interface, well.... I don't know. Could be tricky.

(3) "Line" is harder than "paragraph," so if the lines happen also to be paragraphs, yeah, it's very do-able. If they are fragments of paragraphs, the approach is more complicated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am exploring frames to do what we need to do. One problem we are having is the use of foot and end notes in the way the requirements are written. You know how when you click a foot or end note it takes you to the text of the foot or end note and then to go back you click the link again. This works because of a one to one relationship. Well the client desires to have the foot or end note links to reference the same text ofr the foot or end note, i.e. a one to many, that is our big problem.