New Lounger
    Thanks

Scolling too much (v6 all patches etc)

Hi,
    Once upon a time, when i clicked in the side bar, the screen would scroll about one screen full at a time. So the bottom line of a viewed page would go to the top of the screen. Suddenly I find when i click, I scroll substantially more.. such that the middle of long screens is 'missed' completly. Is there a reason or a setting where i can control this and go back to how it was? Thanks
    cobwebs

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scolling too much (v6 all patches etc)

This is a result of the Cumulative Update for November 2003 for Internet Explorer. See the thread starting at <post#=311997>post 311997</post#> - it seems that if you replace MSHTML.DLL by an older version, you get the original behavior (and security leaks) back.

BTW, if you click immediately above or below the "thumb" of the scroll bar, it scrolls by a little bit less than one screen; if you click further away from the "thumb", you scroll by about two screens.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scolling too much (v6 all patches etc)

Many thanks... that was very helpful. I shall await yet another fix-for-a-fix from MS! At least I now know it is not my machine at fault!!
    cheers
    cobwebs