New Lounger
    Thanks

From 2000 to 20003 (Outlook 2003)

I have just changed from Outlook 2000 on one computer to 2003 on another computer. Copied the pst file across - was very slow. Asked Woody and he said to copy the folders and posts over to a newly created outlook.pst in 2003. Took 1 1/2 hours to copy over about 1GB of email and some 50 folders. This is what I did:

1. Rename the old outlook.pst file in 2003 to outlook1.pst
    2. Open Outlook 2003 and let it create a new outlook.pst.
    3. In Outlook 2003 - File/Open/DataFile and open outlook1.pst.
    4. Now I have both files open on Outlook 2003 and can move folders email from one to the other.

Worked well but had to transfer the emails from the Inbox and similar folders already created outlook.pst.

BUT:
    1. I lost all the rules - maybe 60 of them. Gave me a chance to recreate and clean up. Took awhile
    2. I lost the Address book (Contacts) and have no idea how to get it back.

Any help on getting the address book would be appreciated.

The new folder was about 5% larger than the old folder but the program worked much smoother and faster. Worth the extra work (if I can find my address book).

Don

Thanks

Re: From 2000 to 20003 (Outlook 2003)

If you still have access to the old computer, search for files with the extension RWZ for your old rules. You might be able to import them into 2003.

If you brought over your contacts folder, you haven't lost them, but you might need to set them up as an Outlook Address Book. If you right click the Contacts folder in the Folder List (tree display), choose Properties, then Outlook Address Book, there should be a checkbox for you. (If it's grayed out, you need to set it up under tools>E-mail accounts>add a new address book>(non-LDAP), etc.). Note this is for 2002, but 2003 probably is somewhat similar.