New Lounger
    Thanks

Bootup Progress Bar (WinXP Pro Fully Patched)

I have three identically configured Soyo KT-333 Dragon Ultra Platinum based Athlon 2200+ systems running WinXP Pro. One of them displays a progress black/white progress bar for 3 to 5 seconds when booting up (like Win2K does). It is visible just before the Windows XP Professional splash screen displays. I have never seen this on any other WinXP Home or Pro system. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this happens? I always get nervous when identical units behave differently.

TIA, Seymour

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bootup Progress Bar (WinXP Pro Fully Patched)

I would think this progress bar is part of the firmware set-up, and there are ways to alter the time this screen displays, but my take on it is that it is not anything to worry about despite it is unique to that particular machine. I bet I'm not the only one to comment hopefully.

SMBP

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

It's normal behavior, Seymour. Most of the time, it just happens so fast that you don't see it. If the system behaves normally otherwise, don't worry about it. As to why you have one system doing it, I really can't say. Computers are strange beasts sometimes!
    -Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks

"I always get nervous when identical units behave differently."

I have NEVER seen 2 or more identical systems. One will find that unless these machine came off the same line and assembled by the same person one after another there is going to be something different. One will also find that every component is going to slightly different.

I worked in Printed circuit card design area for a few years, production NEVER put out 2 cards the same, with all of the cuts and jumpers added and revs that were being made daily.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.