2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Footnotes split between pages (Word 2000)

Hello Word Gurus,

I wonder if you can help me with the problems I am having with Footnotes in a very large document (360 pages). I am finding that the footnotes are being continued onto another page when there appears to be plenty of room on the current page. Sometimes a single footnote may be split between 3 pages and there is only one line of the footnote at the bottom of each page. I have tried all of the following to see if I can fix the problem but I am afraid I have had no luck:
    I have tried to:
    1. Delete and Re-create the footnotes.
    2. Checked the style
    3. Checked any possible paragraph/character formatting that may be playing havoc.

At times it appears that an extra paragraph marker has been placed after the footnote continuation line. However I haven't found a way of deleting this marker. I have looked in the Header and Footers layer where the para marker appears in black - but there is no way of deleting this character. I have also looked at the style for the footnote continuation character, and can't do anything there either.

The only way that I have been able to work around the problem is to insert a page break before the last line on a page and this usually fixes the split footnotes - but not always.

Looking forward to a response.

Cheers,

Jocelyn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Footnotes split between pages (Word 2000)

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: Footnotes split between pages (Word 2000)

Again I must say thanks kindly for your quick response Hans.

Cheers,

Jocelyn