Lounger
    Thanks

Exporting Contacts (2002)

When I try to export my Contacts information to an Access database, I find that only the very first line of the memo field is exported. Most of the memo content (which had very important information) is not exported. Is there a way to make sure the memo associated with the Contact is exported?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Contacts (2002)

If you are looking at the exported table in the Access database, try increasing the row height.
    If you are displaying the table in a form or report, make sure that the text box bound to the Notes field is high enough to display several lines.

Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure what you're getting at. As is, nothing past the first paragraph return in the memo field gets exported. There are no real options in the export process except mapping (and because of the two applications being part of Office, the mapping is fine.) Do you mean to establish the Access database BEFORE the export and to make the size of the memo field 252?

Lounger
    Thanks

When I say MEMO of course I am referring to the notes that are at the bottom of each contact's screen.

Lounger
    Thanks

DUH. Of course. The notes are exported as a MEMO data type and are really all there. I just used the Forms wizard to make a form and of course, all of the information could now be seen.

Thanks for helping me to see the obvious.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, you don't have to set up the Access database before exporting.

I suspect that the complete memo field (it is called Notes) is exported, but that you just don't see the subsequent lines. See attached screen shot.