2 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Automate Access report to PDF (Access 2000)

Hello Access Gurus,

I am wondering if anyone has automated within an Access database the ability to write an Access report to a PDF file? I would like to be able to press a button that saves the latest copy of a report in a PDF format to be placed on an intranet site.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jocelyn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Automate Access report to PDF (Access 2000)

We do this, but it isn't something built into Access 2002 and earlier. We use a third party dll that generates the pdf file by "printing" it to a PDF printer installed by the software.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

We use the full version of Adobe Acrobat. When installed, this creates a new printer driver emulator. The user can then view the report in Print preview, and simply select the Adobe driver as the output device. It works really well!
    Of course, the software isn't cheap, but it can pay for itself in time saved.

JulesG

Star Lounger
    Thanks

We have software that can be configured to translate a number of different formats to .pdf's. We use it for translating autocad drawings, office doc's and Access reports by simply cpoying to a folder on the network, waiting about 30 seconds, and it automatically performs the translation. A bit more expensive though than just getting Adobe Writer, but easy to program as you don't have to worry about selecting the right printer before outputing reports. I'd be happy to get you more info on this software if you like.

There are also some other solutions here that I have found useful:

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?spid=703&...&newpid=703
    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?spi...3413&tmac=a

Good Luck!
    Keith

URL's made clickable by HansV (see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>). Unless you have registered with Tek-Tips, the links will take you to the index, not to a specific page.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Here is a database that will do what you want if you have the full version of Adobe acrobat 5.0, and installed the PDF writer.
    Acrobat version 6.0 uses a different print driver and I haven't had time to modify so it will work with 6.0
    Attached Files Attached Files