New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merge labels crash (Word 2002)

Working in a test environment, have Windows XP, Office XP SR2 and Docs (Hummingbird) 3.9.5 loaded. When producing merge labels word crashes. Process - Blank word document, Merge toolbar displayed, using the toolbar to change the document type to Labels, this runs the wizard, change the type to Avery A4 labes using any product id Word then crashes. A recovered document is produced with the table and the merge will continue OK. Error report is 002898a5 This process works on a stand along computer. But not in the network QA environment.
    Thanks in advance for shedding any light on this problem

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Mail merge labels crash (Word 2002)

Does your stand alone system have Docs Open installed? This sort of behavior in Word typically involves some sort of add-in software.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Wendell,

No it does not have Docs installed. Docs does use a Add-In template as the integration between Word and Docs. Had a look on the hummingbird site and it is not listed as a known error.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Let me suggest that you temporarily disable Docs and see if you still get the mailing labels crash. I don't find any indication of label merging causing crashes in the MSKB, and haven't experienced any of my own either, so I would be inclined to suspect configuration issues of some sort, or perhaps a corrupted Normal.dot.
    Wendell