Star Lounger
    Thanks

'Auto Complete' recipients (2002)

Sometimes when I begin an e-mail and start to type in the "To" field I will get a choice or outlook will automatically fill in the field with a "nickname" that no longer exists (i.e. the address has been deleted) I then have to actually go into my contacts list and choose the recipient.
    Is there a way to delete or change the names outlook automatically gives users?
    If not, is there any kind of work around so I don't have to choose from my contacts?

3 Star Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Re: 'Auto Complete' recipients (2002)

Next time it happens, right click on the name and choose delete. While the autofil for names can be quite handy at times, it is worth deleting the old email addresses.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If an autocompleted name appears that you no longer want to use, with it highlighted, just press the Delete key. It is important to remember that this autocomplete list is a separate file in your profile and has nothing to do with your address book.

Witht he wrong one deleted, you can let Outlook's check name feature find the correct/updated address in your contact folder(s) after which autocomplete should find the new entry.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Or, you could just turn the awful 'auto-complete' off in Tools, Options. It's horrid!