New Lounger
    Thanks

OutLook to Palm Synchronization

We are having prblms getting Palms to sync up with OutLook 97. The installs had been working without prblms but in the last few weeks we have encountered several laptops that will not sync after loading HotSync ver 3.1.
    The desktop worstations all cooperate and work fine. Both our laptops and desktops use NT 4.0/SP3, MsOffice & OutLook 97, IE 4, Norton Antivirus, Acrobat Reader, and a smattering of other stuff.
    We have a mix of Palm 3s and 5s, all using HotSync v3.1. Occasionally a remove/reinstall of HotSync fixes the issue, but more often not.

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, or guesses we would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks, and a prosperous NewYear to all.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OutLook to Palm Synchronization

Don, I can't promise, but try this:

Try going into Outlook Inbox and checking for a Folder called pocketmirror. There will be a note inside with a username on it.

Delete this note and then try to sync again. (Sometimes there are username conflicts even if no error denotes it.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your suggestion Db. I checked a couple of the afflicted machines, and they don't have a pocketmirror folder in InBox.
    Appreciate it anyway.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have OL 98 / Palm III / HotSynch 3.0.2 and / Win'98. I've found consistently synch won't work unless outlook is running. More correctly, the synchornization occurs but the process continues to run until stopped. Don't know whether this is in any way related?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you're running NT 4, go for SP6. I finally installed it (from SP5) and it cured several of my communications problems.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Palm OS for your Palm Pilots. That has cured the rest of my Outlook/sync problems, especially when I installed and updated version of my sync software.
    Charlotte

Jon_Feder

Re: Outlook to Palm Synchronization

Hi: I just bought a Palm IIIxe, and although I installed two updates - http://www2.chapura.com/public_downl...StdUpgrade.exe and http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/EmailUpd304En.exe, I was still getting Illegal Operation messages from Win 98 SE and Outlook 2000 SR-1.

Running Outlook while HotSyncing was the solution.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, Jon. Long time, no post! Have you also upgraded your Palm OS? That cured some sync problems with my Outlook.
    Charlotte

Jon_Feder

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks; good to be back.

Actually, I just bought the thing, so I haven't yet had the time to explore its features. How do I know what version O.S. I am running?

Thanks,

namer

Hi,
    I have dumped HotSync in favour of the cheap Intellisync by Puma. It will sync just about anything to anything.
    Regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Turn it on [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img], then go to the home page, hit the menu icon, and select Info from the App menu. You should see a screen that tells you stuff like the amount of free memory. At the bottom of the display, you'll see a version button. When you click that, the top item should be the Palm OS version. Then check the Palm site to see if that's the latest version available for your model.
    Charlotte

Jon_Feder

Re: Latest Palm O.S.

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for the info. I confirmed that I do indeed have the latest version, 3.5.

More info at http://www.palm.com/software/palmos35.html.