New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2002/Message Options - Do Not Deliver Befo (Outlook 2002/SP2 - Exchange 5.5 - Windows XP)

I just wanted to post a question to find out if anyone else has been experiencing the same problems as we have with Outlook 2002.

The Users in our office use the Do Not Deliver Before option. In 98 it didn't appear to be a problem. You created your e-mail, clicked on Options, set your date and time, clicked on Send and the e-mail went into your Sent Items, but wasn't delivered until the correct time.

However, in 2002, this appears to be different. You create your e-mail, put on the Options, but when you click on Send, it goes straight into your Outbox and sits there until it is ready to be delivered.

Unfortunately the problem is that this doesn't always work. It sits in the Outbox and doesn't go anywhere. I experienced this myself today when I created an e-mail, put on the Do No Deliver Before option, and it sat in my Outbox until I actually opened the e-mail from there and clicked on Send again. I didn't have Outlook closed at any point.

Does there now appear to be a problem in 2002 or is this what is supposed to happen now? I am not really sure.

Can anyone help?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Teresa.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002/Message Options - Do Not Deliver Befo (Outlook 2002/SP2 -

Our company (about 1500 users) has been using O'02 for quite a while and haven't heard of this yet. Sorry no answer for you here, but it sits in the out-box and then goes away at the correct time.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002/Message Options - Do Not Deliver Befo (Outlook 2002/SP2 -

Elyod -

Thanks anyway for answering my post.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002/Message Options - Do Not Deliver

Having had a look through some of my old Daily Digests, there was a Lounger reporting the same problem with Outlook XP and Exchange Server a number of months ago. For some reason, there were no problems for users with Win98. She had Win2K - as was the network. (Not clear which Exchange Server.) You could try looking at whether Task Scheduler is of any help. You could also try looking at the two methods in <!mskb=196072>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 196072<!/mskb> - which does apply to Outlook 2000 - can provide any suggestions. HTH
    Gre