2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page.Section Info missing (Word 2003)

A distant friend (Geographically) has installed Office 2003, a huge jump from office 97 which she loved. Her two biggest complaints about Word 2003:

1. There is no bottom bar with Page number, Column or section and line number. I could not find any way to make it appear.

2. She used to be able to go to open a file, type a few letters and get a list to all file with those letters. Now it autocompletes and forces open the autocomleted file. (She has a lot of files with similar starts and want the list to narrow her choice so she can select one. I do not know how to turn that off, Going to Insert, Autotext, and unchecking the auto complete suggestions box does not do it.
    Other suggestion appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Page.Section Info missing (Word 2003)

On #1, I assume there still is a status bar in Word 2003. First check that it is turned on under Tools>Options>View. if it is, make sure the entire window is visible on the screen (i.e., bottom is not hidden behind the Windows task bar).

On #2, she could try an asterisk to match, e.g., memo* and Enter. If it works like 2002, it still will try to match until the * is entered. I'm not sure where this is controlled.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page.Section Info missing (Word 2003)

Both those worked.
    Even *astro* for text included.
    Until Next Time, Happy Holidays