New Lounger
    Thanks

Print Error (OL2002)

When printing an e-mail message in OL2002, I get an error saying I have a runtime error, do I wish to debug? The line is 1343, and the error is unknown. I have checked the box in IE6 Tools, Internet Options, Advanced that says to disable script debugging, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Print Error (OL2002)

This sounds terribly familiar, I'm pretty certain that this came up on the Internet Explorer board earlier this year. What I remember most vividly was that when you searched Google and/or Google Groups, the error could involve a lot of different line numbers and there were lots of different fixes proposed, many of which didn't work. I have to admit not being enthusiastic about going down that road again... but search won't be back for a while so...

To turn off script notification errors completely, and blow this issue off for a while, there is another checkbox just below the debugging checkbox:

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the help, but I am including a screenshot of my settings in IE6. I have the disable script debugging checked and the script error notification error unchecked, and I still get the error. You're right, I am beginnning to believe it is a nightmare, or my PC is haunted. [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

Well, if that doesn't suppress it, the script error must be somewhere other than in the message body. When you get the error, does it refer to a strange path similar to @MSIT:blahblah ? That file name might help narrow down the number of different kinds of "unknown errors" we'd have to search the web for.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Happy Day! I was continuing to be frustrated today, to the point of doing an over the top install of Win2K to try to stop my problem. When I attempted that, I got an error dialog stating that an install was in progress and not completed. I went looking for any changes made to my system that might be that partial install. We use a SUS server to install updates from MS during the night. One of those concerning IE6 must have not completed properly, because when I backed out of the update 824145, my problem went away. I went to MS update to reinstall the update and see if the problem returned, but apparently all is installed correctly now, as the problem is gone, gone, gone. Thanks so much for your replies, they helped to keep me inspired to find the fix. Although it was lucky to find it. Thanks again.
    Wayne Conrad

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi J.
    I was premature in my elation about solving my problem. It came back. I am attaching the script error I continue to receive when attempting to print an e-mail message.

Thanks

Yes, this is the error I remember. It's internal to a Microsoft compiled file, so unless Microsoft has issued a fixed version, I'd have to go "back to Google" and search all over again. Don't make me. I can't face it!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Okay, I know how to search on Google, you don't have to. I found a way to use the Start Run box to do a repair on IE 6. I didn't have anything in my Add/Remove Programs list that would let me repair IE, so I did that and once again, I am printing. I just hope it doesn't go back to having the errors.
    Thanks for all your help!