Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Merging Pictures (Word 2003)

Your example has a space between the " C:. There shouldn't be a space there.

Have you created the angle brackets with Ctrl-F9?

If you put the mergefield outside the first field does it return the graphic filename correctly?

I would create the outside field by actually using the Insert Picture command, navigating to one of the graphics in the right directory and including the link. Then change the fieldname and insert the inner mergefield in place of the graphic name.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merging Pictures (Word 2003)

Thanks Andrew!
    1. - I didn't notice the space, but I retyped that manually, not cut&paste, - It's not in the document unfortunately.
    2. Yes i used the Ctrl F9 or insert field function to create the {}
    2a.... I have now got this file working in Publisher after a google search told me Pub2003 could merge pictures... but I'm still not sure why it's causing grief in Word.
    3. It does work... but now I've switched to Pub2003 (which needs the path in the datasource) Ive run into compatibility problems with the double marks needed in the path.
    I'll have to play around some more tomorrow. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!
    Luke

New Lounger
    Thanks

Merging Pictures (Word 2003)

(URLs made clickable by HansV - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

Hi guys!

I'm trying to create a mail-merge letter checking people's information, and including a digital picture I have of them. I've searched the web and found two articles by Cindy Meister that dealt with the problem, but I can't get them to work.
    http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=126
    http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeiste...2002/MM2002.htm
    The suggested solution was:
    { IncludePicture " Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsMy PicturesBHBC Photo Album{ Mergefield Photofile }" d }
    where Photofile is the field in my datasource detailing the filename and extension of the jpg picture, and the rest is the path of the directory.

I'm wanting the picture in a table too... I don't think that's causing me the grief - as the first of her solutions did that also.
    Does anyone else know how to achieve what I want?

Thanks,
    Luke