Thanks

Web Link from Command Button (2002)

How do I make a Command Button on a Worksheet open my browser and go to a specific web site?

This seems like it should be a routine thing, but I can't find how to do it.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Web Link from Command Button (2002)

You don't really need a command button, since you can insert a hyperlink in a cell (Insert menu, Hyperlink option)

But if you prefer a command button, you can create a macro in a standard module:

Sub OpenWebPage()
    ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "www.Louis.Sander.com"
    End Sub

Back in Excel, display the Forms toolbar. Use it to put a command button on your worksheet. Right-click the command button, and select Assign Macro from the popup menu. Select the OpenWebPage macro you just created. Before you can use the command button, you must click outside it. Left-clicking will "press" the button, right-clicking will let you customize it.

Thanks

Re: Web Link from Command Button (2002)

Thanks!

I want a command button because I have a worksheet with other command buttons in the top row (along with the row headings). I use Freeze Panes so that top row is always in sight, then I use my command buttons for sorting and other manipulations. I want to NOT just use a hyperlink in the top row because a) it would interfere with the row headings, and [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] it isn't as cool as a command button.

Thanks again for showing me how.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA