Results 1 to 1 of 1
2003-12-12, 16:46 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2001
- Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
self-installaing template (system) (Word97+)
I've rewritten my installation stuff, and am looking for beta-testers.
I often wonder how you guys install templates.
I have three main users:
1) Myself; I continually edit and upgrade the name of my application and developer tools, Under214.dot becomes Under215.dot, and I want that more recent template available in my Startup folder NOW - and I'd like any earlier versions to be disabled.
2) Beta-testers - usually a client, may not be Word-savvy, who is asking for a stream of enhancements, and who receives from me, maybe once a day, the latest version. I don't expect Dr. Tran to spend a lot of time dragging and renaming files, let alone wondering where MSWord's Startup folder sits.
3) Public downloads, if any, from my web site; I may have zero contact with someone who visits, downloads, and steals off into the night.
I have re-written IMove.dot, for which I have attached a short UserGuide.
If you'd like to see how it works, I'd be happy to share it. You get the source code.