2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Properties list pages always at 1 (2000 SR1/Win 2000)

When looking at the properties dialogue box via Word or Windows explorer or using the right mouse and selecting properties, it always shows the number of pages as 1. I have even added the pages column to the bar in windows explorer. I know the majority of these documents are more that 10 pages. I need to know the number of pages each doc has without opening each and every single one.

Your help on this would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Properties list pages always at 1 (2000 SR1/Win 2000)

This could be difficult. While the DSOfile.exe/dll (you can download this from Microsoft.com) can extract document properties from a closed document, I'm not sure whether this property is saved. Word likes to repaginate the document for the current printer before it gives you the page count, and it might not bother to store the calculated result when the file is closed.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Properties list pages always at 1 (2000 SR1/Win 2000)

Ooooo this is going where I fear to tread but I shall have a look. I might wait until the holidays are over and I am back to work, this way when I completely screw it up, I can get one of the techical boys on the help desk to fix my pc.

Thanks