Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Moz Firebird jumping about? (Mozilla Firebird 0.7)

No sooner do I tout how wonderful Firebird is in another post, and I run into an inexplicable bug. Firebird, my favorite browser these days, has decided that it will randomly cause the page to jitter up and down as though it was being scrolled. When this happens, it's perhaps ten pixels each way. Not enough to destroy what you are doing but certainly enough to make it unusable.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? I can find nothing in the Mozilla forums in regards to this, and I cannot replicate the bug either. I could always install into a different directory, etc., but I would like to know if anyone else has seen this besides myself.
    -Mark

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moz Firebird jumping about? (Mozilla Firebird

the only time I haveever seen this is with the most recent version of the Tabbrowser Extensions extension installed. I had thought that this was platform-specific. Are you referring to the entire window or to the browsed page?
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Just the browsed page itself exhibits this behaviour. I disabled nearly all of the extensions I had installed (five) and rebooted, and for now it seems to be behaving. I have not installed the Tabbrowser extension so perhaps it is related to extensions in general? I am wary that it will reappear at some point. I am loathe to reboot just for the sake of the browser!!
    -Mark

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

It is something that cropped up with the final version of 0.7, and I did notice a difference with TbE and without. The 0.7 Release Candidates did not have this. I have 4 extensions and the other 3 (which are pretty minor) make no difference. Rebooting definitely appears OTT (Over The Top). To change the behaviour, disabling the Extension, closing and then reopening the browser definitely works for me.

This behaviour never occurred with previous versions of Firebird/Phoenix/Mozilla. I go back to about Mozilla 11 (ca. 1999 ) - not be confused with the much later 1.1. It would be quite safe to go back to Firebird 0.6.1. You should not have any problems running with the same extensions.

FWIW I reckon that there were some last minute longterm bug fixes which certain Extension developers have yet to catch up with. Short of going back to 0.6.1, you could try going to the extensions page and then to the Extension writer's home page. It can be the case that the Extensions page doesn't always link immediately to the latest version.
    Gre