New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter (2003)

Hello all! I just recently installed Office 2003 on top of XP which was on top of 2000, which... you get the idea. Anyway, my Outlook PST file goes back to Outlook 2000. I have set up the junk mail filter to high and have a reasonably substantial list of blacklisted domains (such as @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc). But they don't work. Out of maybe 50 spams a day, possibly 2 get to the junk folder. Is there a secret setting somewhere that turns on the filter? One thought was that the filter only works on those emails that end up in the Inbox. I have a number of rules that route emails into different folders. So I went to the Tools/Option/Rules and Upgraded the rules to 2003 style. Still no joy. Would anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003 Junk mail filter (2003)

Have you experimented with "Safe Lists Only" Junk Mail setting? Perhaps your rules too exhaustive. It may be that anything that gets routed elsewhere than your Inbox is automatically believed not to be Junk.
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

I thought about just doing the safe list, but, grrr. I thought it was supposed to be easier than that.
    <whines>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If you're looking for a "no cost" alternative, I can recommend the solution at <post#=321244>post 321244</post#>. This would enable you to keep all your current rules; at the cost of time spent in "training" it. You would simply have to set up a rule moving everying tagged SPAM in the subject line to your Junk mail folder.
    Gre