5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Messaging interface error (Outlook XP)

I am occasionally getting an error message "The messaging interface has returned and unknown error", when I click the Send button replying to a message. I am using Word as my email editor. If I the close the message window and compose a new message (after first saving the text to the clipboard), the second message sends OK.

Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Messaging interface error (Outlook XP)

I have installed SP-2 for Office XP. Is it avisable to also now install the Outlook 2002 Public Update: October 4, 2001, which is part of SP-1. I am almost positive I installed XP SP-1, sometime before I installed SP-2.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I used the Office update site, and all update including SP-1 and 2 are installed.

Thanks

I never use Word as my mail editor. Does it let you save draft messages to the Drafts folder? If you save the message at that point (after you get the error message), close it, and re-open it from Drafts, does the error condition persist? I'm guessing that the message itself might be okay, but due to some activity by Outlook, Word, or other applications, the inter-operation of Word and Outlook has gotten messed up. It's just a guess.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes it saves drafts and I never thought to see if the draft idea would work. I am aware that there is some contraversy about using Word as the email editor, but I like it and have never has a problem until recently. I have Office 2003 in the box, but have been waiting for it to stabalize. I may install it in the first Quarter of 2004. I installed Office XP clean on this computer about 6 months ago and installed all the SPs and updates at that time. All was well with Outlook until about 2 weeks ago when this intermittent problem cropped up,