5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Linksys uninstall

I purchased a Linksys USB wireless card. I had apparently installed the device before the software (oops) and couldn't get it configured....so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it and it says "The WLAN monitor utility and devises for the WUSB11 have already been installed. If you would like to uninstall these items, run the uninstall program from the "wireless B USB network adapter" program group.

There is nothing in the Explorer directories to uninstall, there are no devices for this product in the device mananger (even tried loading it and deleting the device), I have removed all entries in the registry for both wireless and linksys and still get the same message.

I tried calling "tech support" and I knew more than they did!!

What next?

--KZ

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linksys uninstall

Go into safemode and see if an extra is showing up in Device Manager. Remove all of them and reboot without anything installed. Then reinstall.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. I did get it to reinstall by using a file I found on their CD that bypassed checking the system first and it re-installed and is working fine. Thanks

A few days later...
    My daughter uninstalled ICQ on this PC and now it shows that it's connected and installed, but indicating that it can't connect to the internet. Hmmm I may need to try uninstalling and re-installing again....or maybe it's about time for a clean reformat. This is an old 166mhz W98 box.

--KZ

New Lounger
    Thanks

Oh my. 98 doesn't have very good USB support. I know 166mhz isn't very big but 98SE has better luck with USB.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry. Yes, it's actually 98SE.