3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

auto-connect (2000)

How do I get Outlook to automatically dial my dial-up number when the computer is not connected and I hit Send/Recieve? This worked on my old computer but when I reinstalled it on my new computer, it make me hit a Dial button also. I can't find a way to set it up. Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: auto-connect (2000)

Try looking at Control Panel|Internet Properties|Connections and see whether "Dial whenever a network connection is not present" has been checked. HTH
    Gre

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: auto-connect (2000)

I read your post as saying that Outlook does successfully call up the dialer; and that you want it to dial out and connect without any input from you? Depending on your operating system, you have to get to a dialog box that allows it to dial without you. In Win9x, go to My Computer, Dialup Networking and highlight your connection. Then go to the Connection choice on the menu bar. It's been a while since I've done this in Win9x, but I believe it is here that you set up the dialer to directly dial without you. In XP, get to your dialup connection (through Network Connections), right click on your dial up connection, left click on Properties. Go to the Options tab, and make sure there are no checkmarks in the boxes that start off with "Prompt...". OK all the way out. HTH!