Thanks

Rules (Outlook 2002)

Outlook clobbered my rules! It found that my version differed to the server version and asked me to choose - I guess I chose incorrectly. Where I had 20ish rules, I now have 3. Is there any way to get my local version of the rules back again?

This all started because I've had a particular piece of mail that is moved to a folder in an action that reeks of a 'rule'. I spent about 10 minutes looking up and down my rules list to find the offending rule - couldn't do it. So, I deselected all the rules to see if that would help. The next time I entered outlook, I got the above message.

The interesting thing is that this had been going on for at least 2 months - why didn't outlook tell me about the different rules before and why couldn't i see the server based rules?
    (Location Australia, then UK, but now USA. Heart, outlook, attitude, etc always Australian)
    Quote: "All Happiness is the release of internal pressure"

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rules (Outlook 2002)

Do you happen to have a backup of your mail store? The rules are saved in the local PST/OST file. You could get them back that way, and then open your current mail store and copy newer messages to the old one (or vice versa).

Outlook has never felt the need to tell anyone which rules are which. Just add that to the list of annoyances.
    -Mark