Lounger
    Thanks

Lookupfield with VBA ? (Access 2000)

Create Lookup field with Visual Basic

Can i create a lookup field on the fly? In my table Students i want to create a loookup field
    TeacherID that looks up teachers by their LastName. Otherwise i use the Lookup wizard in the
    table, then i connect with the table Teachers and then i hide the teaccherid.
    I want to create this lookup field without the help of the wizard.How can i do it ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lookupfield with VBA ? (Access 2000)

Are you trying to modify the table to contain a lookup field (something that really isn't necessary, since your users should never *see* the tables) or are you trying to put the "lookup field" on a form?
    Charlotte

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply.I have 2 tables. Customers and Employees.I do not know how to relate them properly. As you say it is not good to make a look up field in the table. My task is to attach an employee to each customer. When the user creates a new customer, then he must choose from the employees available who will be responsible for that customer.
    I could also build a combo box on the form, but somehow it doesnt save the choice i am doing.Because the table Employees is not underlying the form.I also tried to make a query from both the tables, but i cannot do it properly. May be you may want to help me doing the query properly and i will be very grateful to you.

Many thanks for everything

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You would normally have an EmployeeID field in the Customer table if you are going to attach only a single employee to each customer and you don't care about history. On your form, which would be based on the customers table, you would have a combobox that got its RowSource list values from the employees table, but the ControlSource of the combobox would be the employeeID field in the customer table.
    Charlotte