3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

To field format (XP)

When I start entering an email address such as John Smith, Outlook does as I want it to and offers previously entered addresses or addresses from the contacts list.
    Two things though that are not as I want. Some of the names are now of historic interest so I would like to flush the cache but I cannot find anyway of doing it. I have cleared IE forms to no avail. Is there a way of clearing this stuff? There are names that are not in my contacts list so that's not the source.
    Secondly, if I enter say John Doe, it gets completed as John Doe<johndoe@somewhere.com>. At least Outlook Express would enter it as whatever the display field held the details as.
    I don't want to turn off the Suggest Names option, it's about how that works that is the issue.
    Thanks for any advice that anyone can give.
    Peter

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: To field format (XP)

Peter, see Mark's <!post=post,320961>post<!/post> regarding your first question, and the discussion <!post=here,318208>here<!/post> regarding your second. Post back if these don't help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: To field format (XP)

Re the first one, I can only echo the Nancy's comment last time this was asked - "Oh brother!!!"
    Re the second I'll look at it more closely later but many thanks for both.
    Peter