New Lounger
    Thanks

Endnotes Not at end of section (2000/sr1)

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to help someone take existing footnotes in a word document and convert to endnotes. This works fine for the end of the document. If I convert and select end of section then the endnotes appear at the end of the document and not the section. Is there something I'm missing, does this need to be done in a special order. I've tried continuous and next page sections but no change? I've tested with a new document and endnotes do appear at the end of a section. It seems that the option to switch from end of document to end of section does not work. Any idea?

Thanks
    Jason

Thanks

Re: Endnotes Not at end of section (2000/sr1)

I'm only able to try this out in Word 2002, and it works in the sequence you describe: (1) convert footnotes to endnotes; (2) reposition endnotes to end of section. It also works to do it in the other order. If you find that you also can do it either way in a new document, my guess would be some kind of corruption in the document you're working on. You could try copying everything but the last paragraph mark into a new document and see if you can do it there. You also could try saving the document to RTF format and then reopening it and saving it back to DOC format. Either way, be on the lookout for the document falling apart and take precautionary measures.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Endnotes Not at end of section (2000/sr1)

Thanks, will give that a try. I was thinking I'd have to start fiddling with paragraphs/rtf etc but thought I'd check first.

Thanks
    Jason