Lounger
    Thanks

Macro in Word (XP-SP1 Word 2002)

I have a very frustrating problem with Word (v10.3416.3501). Every time I open a document I get a Macro security warning (see attached). This happens all the time - with "New Office Document" and "Open Office Document". This happens even if I open a document created on my old computer prior to the release of XP. Once the Security Warning opens, it doesn't matter which button or "X" I click. It keeps popping up within Word against the grey window until the "hidden file detector" warning (# 7 on attached) and then the doc opens up. It opens with yet the last security warning fname.dll.

The security warning boxes 2-8 look the same as # 1. I just cropped it for space.
    I haven't d/l'ed anything new except for an update for Roxio 5 basic.
    I've run Adaware, AVG and Spybot - nothing found. I use a firewall and 2 AV programs - McAfee & AVG (free). I also use AdSubtract Pro. When I stop searching the web, I put the firewall on Lockdown.
    I don't use macros and nor have I ever written one.

On the attached, all the small the first "Security Warning" box I"m sure it's something very simple, but I don't know where to look.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: Macro in Word (XP-SP1 Word 2002)

Wow, I'd think you would only see this when you start up, not for every document.

Try this: check the box labeled "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" under:

Tools > Macro > Security > Trusted Sources tab

Does it help?

Lounger
    Thanks

I tried what you suggested. I still get the first Security warning...startup/pdfmaker.dot.
    Can you tell me why, all of a sudden this happened?
    Why would I want to "Trust" all installed add-ins & templates? Isn't that somewhat dangerous?
    I don't want to "trust all installed...."
    How can I fix all of this?
    So many questions. So little time.
    Thanks for your help.

Thanks

> Can you tell me why, all of a sudden this happened?

I'd be guessing. It appears that Adobe's certificate expired. Do you have an older version of Acrobat? Maybe there is an updated control that extends the life of PDFMAKER.DOT so this doesn't happen.

> Why would I want to "Trust" all installed add-ins & templates? Isn't that somewhat dangerous?

Yes, somewhat. It's a compromise, the theory being that strange templates and add-ins are unlikely to sneak into your WordStartup and Templates folders without your knowledge and consent.