Star Lounger
    Thanks

form in presentation (XP)

I'm not sure exactly which board to ask this on but is there a way to display a form from an Access database in a power point presentation or in Word? I just want to show a group of people what we are doing to track compliance and this would be a great way to display the blank form along with the results.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: form in presentation (XP)

There may be another way, but I would just do it as a screen capture.

With the form open. press the PrtScn button on the keyboard. This puts the current screen into the clipboard as an image.

Open a graphics program (Paint if you don't have anything else) and Paste the screen capture into an image.

Crop the image and do any other tidying up, and convert to GIF format, then paste into Word or Powerpoint.
    Regards
    John

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried that but the form is so large that I have to scroll down and for some reason the Print Screen only captures the top part even when the bottom part is displayed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The PrintScreen button captures the entire screen. Alt+PrintScreen captures the active application window. There are also many programs that can capture the screen or parts of it for you, such as the ubiquitous IrfanView. After capturing, you should be able to crop the image in any graphics editing program (such as, again, IrfanView) to what you want to display.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Print Screen captures what is being displayed on the screen. When you scroll to the bottom it captures the bottom, when you scroll to the top it captures the top.

In thousands of uses of it I have never observed this: only captures the top part even when the bottom part is displayed. After you scroll to the bottom, you need to press PrintScreen again, then Paste again. Are you sure you did both steps?

By changing the screen resolution you might be able to get all the form on the screen at once. Right click on a blank part of the desktop and choose properties. The screen resolution is in settings
    Regards
    John