New Lounger
    Thanks

Import Text Wizard - Field Names (2003)

I've noticed what appears to be a bug in the Import Text Wizard for the 2003 version. I have a fixed width text file that I am importing. After I define the field breaks and indicate I am importing to a new table I then come to the Field Options dialog. This where you can define your field names, data types, etc. In the past I would click on each field and give it a new name. Now when I click a field (column) other than the first one the field information above the columns does not change from the first field. In other words, the only field's information I can change on this screen is field 1. In order to change the field info for the other fields I have to click on the Advance button and do the changes in the Import Specification dialog.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Heard anything from Microsoft regarding this issue or have seen a fix? I have checked the knowledge base on Microsoft but have not seen anything on this as of yet.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import Text Wizard - Field Names (2003)

I'm sorry that you got no replies. Apparently, not many Loungers are using Access 2003 yet.

If it is any consolation, you're not the only one having this problem - see this newsgroup thread. Hopefully SP-1 (see <post#=327717>post 327717</post#>) will solve this, but don't hold your breath.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Import Text Wizard - Field Names (2003)

Thanks for the reply Hans. I really appreciate the links to the thread and post. At least I know that the problem has been identified and hopefully MS will get a fix out soon ---- but I definitely won't hold my breath!!

Thanks again,.
    Chris