3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook.pst (OXP; WinME)

Is there a program that will read the Outlook.pst file other than Outlook? I've managed to hose Outlook by deleting OE and can't get it reinstalled. It looks like I'm going to have to format C and reinstall EVERYTHING which I don't have time to do right now. I have the Mozilla mail client running but can't import the outlook.pst address book entries.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and gratefully received.

Thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook.pst (OXP; WinME)

From what I have read, no, PST format is MS proprietary, though there are tools that peek into some of the hidden information.

However, hosing your Outlook installation doesn't mean that your PST is also trashed. I recommend that you run scanpst.exe (aka the "Inbox Repair Tool") against the PST(s) and see what it reports. If it's OK, make a CD backup of it before you do your reinstall, and then you can replace the deafult new PST the reinstall will create with your existing one.

(I assume you have tried to reinstall both Express and Outlook; your plan to format C: and reinstall everything seems a bit drastic. If you would like to describe more about how Outlook is damaged, perhaps someone can help?)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Can't remember whether you've posted on your OE issue, but reinstalling IE usually reinstalls OE as well. Have you tried this?
    Gre

Thanks

If you start up the Mail control panel and get the paths of all of your Outlook Data files, you can burn them to CDs. Much easier than import/export. Of course, this assumes you plan to resume using Outlook.