4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Blank Criteria (A2K SP3)

I have a query, qrySecurityDeposit that has a LastName field and a FirstName field whose
    Criteria are set to [Forms]![frmCheckOut]![LastName] and [Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName]

If both the FirstName field and the LastName field are populated in tblCustomerName, the correct record is returned.
    If the First Name field is blank, no record is returned. If a period is placed in the First Name field (i.e. populating the FirstName field), the correct record is returned. If the FirstName field is deleted from the query, the correct
    record is returned.

Is there a way to have the correct record returned, if the FirstName field is blank?

Any suggestions whould be appreciated.

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Blank Criteria (A2K SP3)

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do, work with a blank first name on the form or work with a blank first name in the query. Why don't you post the entire SQL instead of just the criteria.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SELECT [tblPropertyName]![PropertyID] & [OrderID] AS ReceiptNumber, tblRental.PropertyID, tblRental.RoomNumber, qryCustomerSorted.LastName, qryCustomerSorted.FirstName, [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] AS CombinedName, tblRental.RentBegDate, DateAdd("y",-1,[CheckoutDate3]) AS RentEndDate, DateAdd('y',[NumberofDays],[RentBegDate]) AS CheckOutDate3, tblRental.SecurityDeposit, qryCustomerSorted.BillingAddress, qryCustomerSorted.CCity, qryCustomerSorted.StateOrProvince, qryCustomerSorted.PostalCode, [CCity] & ", " & [StateOrProvince] & " " & [PostalCode] AS CombinedAddress, qryCustomerSorted.PhoneNumber, tblRental.DepositRefundAmt, tblRental.CheckOutDate, tblPropertyName.PCity, tblRental.DepositTransferred, qryCustomerSorted.CustomerStatusID
    FROM (tblRental INNER JOIN qryCustomerSorted ON tblRental.CustomerID = qryCustomerSorted.CustomerID) INNER JOIN tblPropertyName ON qryCustomerSorted.PropertyID = tblPropertyName.PropertyID
    WHERE (((qryCustomerSorted.LastName)=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![LastName]) AND ((qryCustomerSorted.FirstName)=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName]) AND ((tblRental.SecurityDeposit)>0) AND ((tblRental.DepositRefundAmt) Is Null)) OR (((qryCustomerSorted.LastName)=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![LastName]) AND ((qryCustomerSorted.FirstName)=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName]) AND ((tblRental.DepositRefundAmt) Is Null) AND ((tblRental.DepositTransferred)>0))
    ORDER BY [tblPropertyName]![PropertyID] & [OrderID] DESC , DateAdd('y',[NumberofDays],[RentBegDate]) DESC;

What I am trying to do is to get qrySecurityDeposit to return a single record when the FirstName field is blank.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Try replacing:
    qryCustomerSorted.FirstName)=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName]

with:
    (qryCustomerSorted.FirstName=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName] or =[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName] Is Null)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Your suggestion was most helpful in getting me on the correct path. I had to modify your code slightly:

(qryCustomerSorted.FirstName=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName] or =[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName] Is Null)

To

(qryCustomerSorted.FirstName=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName] or qryCustomerSorted.FirstName=[Forms]![frmCheckOut]![FirstName] Is Null)

Many thanks,

Tom