Star Lounger
    Thanks

folder view won't refresh (xp professional)

I'm a rock solid WIN98SE user and most disappointed with this product so please bear with my negativity. However, when I copy and paste a file within the same folder the new copy won't appear! To get it to appear I have to go out of the folder and then back into it? I use CTRL-C and CTRL-V to copy the file.
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks in Advance!
    Grady

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: folder view won't refresh (xp professional)

With one hand, right-click on the file and hold the mouse button down. With the other hand hold Ctrl down. Drag away from the file to an empty area with the first hand and then release the mouse button. Then release Ctrl. This works also in Win98SE.
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If the display is not refreshing, press the F5 key while in the folder. You will then see any changes without changing folders. There could be many reasons that the display does not refresh properly. I see this from time to time but currently have no issues with XP being accurate about folder contents.
    -Mark

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Grady--

You can also use shift+DragNDrop to move a selected file in most if not all Windows flavors and DragNDrop to move a selected file if the destiny directory is on the same drive. If I'm trying to move a file and copy, I just hold Rt. clickNDrag and then left click copy on the context menu and I can copy from folder to folder; files in a folder; folder to another folder in the parent folder. Some of these keyboard combos may help for Windows and Word:

Windows Hot Key Combo Reference Lance Springer

301583: A List of the Keyboard Shortcuts That Are Available in Windows XP from Microsoft

290938: WD2002: Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Word

Kera's Keyboard Shortcuts

Keyboard Shortcuts

Rt. Click to Any Folder Regedit and Keyboard Shortcuts (Scroll Down a Little) BCA's Tips

Keyboard Shortcuts 95 through XP

PC Medix Keyboard Shortcuts

SMBP

Thanks

Works here fine. What I do know is that new files appear at the end of the file listing regardless of your sort criteria.
    Is there anything special about the folder you are working in - i.e. is it a network folder, compressed, system...?
    Try it in your root C: drive and see if that works.