New Lounger
    Thanks

Hide Fax Numbers (OL2002 SP2/WinXP)

I know this question has been answered before, and I dutifully implemented the solution by prefixing my fax numbers with the word "FAX" so that they would not be picked up by the address book. It worked for a day or 2, but now address book sees them again! How did this happen?

Cheers,
    Shannon

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hide Fax Numbers (OL2002 SP2/WinXP)

The way which I use to get around the Fax Numbers showing up is to cut them out of the Fax Number field and paste them into the Phone category Other. Just remember that this is your fax. If you use any field category with the word 'fax' in it, it will appear in your address book. This is frustrating; however, as technology improves, will benefit when sending faxes via computer or even dialling phone numbers through our computers! Hope this helps... trish

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately this user needs the "Other" field for, well, other numbers. It is just frustrating that this fix seems to work for everyone else (and is even sold as an add-in for $19.95) but it does not work on our system. Maybe OL2002 is more intelligent than I suspected....

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It doesn't necessarily need to be the 'Other' field, it could be any field in the drop down, as long as it does not have anything to do with faxing, i.e., Business Fax, Other Fax, Telex, etc. Maybe suggest they use the Business 2 or other field which they are not currently using. Otherwise, you are SOL! Have a great one... trish