Lounger
    Thanks

Object Variable Not Set (Excel 2000)

Hi All

I'm trying to customise the "Find" feature in Excel 2000 to search for a name in the first column only of a spreadsheet but whenever the search finds nothing, I get the following Error Message 91 - "Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set".

I've tried running the following code by itself and/or as part of another macro and still get the same error message.

Columns(1).Find(What:=(InputBox("Enter name for search.")), After:=ActiveCell, _
    LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False).Activate

When the search finds nothing, I want the macro to revert back to the above InputBox so I can try another variation of the name to search, or another name altogether, without having to click on the "End" or "Debug" button and run the macro again which is what happens at the moment. I've tried adding the line "On error GoTo 0" after the above code but it doesn't work.

Incidentally, if the search does find the text I'm looking for, it's fine and completes the remainder of the macro without problem.

I'm sure it's something very simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Christmas regards,

Sue

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Object Variable Not Set (Excel 2000)

Hello Sue,

Try something like this:

Dim rng As Range
    Do While rng Is Nothing
    Set rng = ActiveSheet.Columns(1).Find(What:=(InputBox("Enter name for search.")), After:=ActiveCell, _
    LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
    MatchCase:=False)
    Loop
    rng.Activate

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Object Variable Not Set (Excel 2000)

YIPPEE! Many thanks, Hans. It works a treat. This has saved me about 8,000 clicks/keystrokes when I get back to work after Christmas!

Very best regards,

Sue