5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook security, visual basic or macros won't loa (Outlook 2003)

I was running a visual basic macro within outlook that I wrote and was working fine. Then it crashed outlook. Now I can not get a visual basic screen to come up in outlook nor can i record a new macro, nor can i even check the security settings all not working. I repaired the instillation and reinstalled visual basic under shared office tools as suggested by outlook and no difference. Visual basic is working under word and excel.
    Any suggestions
    Jerome

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook security, visual basic or macros won't loa (Outlook 2003)

You probably have a corrupted OTM file. See the thread starting with <post#=314420>post 314420</post#>.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John:
    I read the thread and renamed the otm file. No help. Still can't create macros, or bring up the vbe screen or the security screen
    Jerome

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Leif on 20-Dec-03 14:47. to reduce post length by moving macro to an attachment.)</P>I FIXED IT SORT OF, If you go to HELP Menu and about microsoft outlook at bottom is disabled add i button. The microsoft vba for outlook was disabled, outlvba.dll.
    I reactivated it and everything was back to normal/
    I then reran a visual basic program written for me on wopr that ran fine under outlook xp, runs fine on Outlook 2003, can then close outlook, but WHEN REOPEN OUTLOOK SAYS THERE WAS A SERIOUS ERROR AND IS INACTIVATING THE VISUAL BASIC ADD IN.
    THE ATTACHED IS THE MACRO THAT I use, however I think that it may need to be given to you in a basic program. but the following is the text

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook security, visual basic or macros won't

Sounds like you may have run foul of one of the Microsoft Knows Best protection routines. Have you tried re-enabling the the VBA - as you did before - and then closing and reopening Outlook before you try running the code again?
    Gre

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, still no good. I located the person who wrote the code and he is going to look at it. Microsoft swears anything that runs under Outlook Xp visual basic will run under 2003. But they are wrong. Will keep the thread posted
    Jerome

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I have been able to run your code on my copy of Outlook 2003 without Outlook crashing or subsequently disabling VBA. I did have to comment out the code relating to the custom Progress Bar Form. It is conceivable that the form has become corrupted, and that that is at the root of your problem. Let us see what your colleague reports.
    Gre

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

unkamunka
    I tried this but still a problem. It is possible that I missed a line that you removed. Would you mind pasting the code that you used ie minus the form lines and I will try replicate your good result.
    Jerome

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Here is the code as I ran it.

Please note that you will have to change the Const CSVFile As String value back to the name of your file.

FWIW my detailed results were that the old Contacts were deleted but the replacement ones weren't loaded. I believe that this was due to my CSV file not being in the necessary format, but I did not check that in detail.
    Gre

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Greetings and Thanks, Unfortunately still the same problem. Strange
    Thanks for trying, The person who wrote the code hopefull will have my problem and then hopefully can correct it.
    Jerome