2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autonumber field in report (Access 2000)

We have a main table in an Access 2000 database where the primary key is an "AutoNumber" field. Starting January 1, 2004, we want a report based on that table to reflect the AutoNumber primary key field, as well as a separate field that numbers just the records that will be reported (all those with dates greater than (>) 1/1/04. I have created a new query to pull the dates greater than 1/1/04. It seems to me I once saw a thread on including an unbound Autonumber field in a report but I can't locate it. Can someone please help me with advice on how to add an unbound "Autonumber" field to our 2004 report. Many thanks...Mary

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autonumber field in report (Access 2000)

Hi

It is not entirely clear (well to me anyway) on what you are trying to do. If you wish to have a line count for each record selected, then create an unbound text field. Set its control source to =1 and set the running sum property to 'over all'.

Regards
    WTH

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autonumber field in report (Access 2000)

Perfect--that was exactly what I needed--a separate count field to number the records starting with "1" in the greater than 1/1/04 report! Many thanks for your quick response and clear instructions!...Mary