New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2003 Hangs (2003)

After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003, Outlook hangs on exit after the first load on each reboot. While it appears to have closed correctly, the clock icon is still in the System Tray (bottom right) and Outlook won't load again at all until you manually go into the Task Manager and manually end the Outlook process (or processes). I am connecting to an Exchange Server but am perplexed because it works correctly on one machine and not on another machine which is identical in every aspect, and which is using the same Exchange Server and ISP connection. One machine hangs every time, the other doesn't, and I can't seem to find what is different between the two. Any ideas or suggestions from anyone? Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003 Hangs (2003)

Are both machines using the same mailbox and outlook version?
    Did you create a new profile?

Use http://sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout/ to see if outlook closes properly.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2003 Hangs (2003)

Yes, both machines are using the same mailbox and outlook versions.
    Yes, I did create a new profile--two, actually. The new one that attaches to the Exchange Server is the one that hangs. I created an additional new profile that only accesses a POP3 server, and it works fine and doesn't hang. I tried combining the two to see if that would solve the problem and it doesn't.

Yes, knockout does close outlook properly and will be very helpful in the short term.

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions for me to investigate or try? I'm very grateful for both the help and the speed in which you replied. Thanks again.