Thread: WinWord

bebejai18

WinWord

when i try to launch Word2000, it gives me an error message that says, "cannot find winword.exe"... does anyone have any idea what's going on??

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WinWord

What's going on very much depends on what you doing to launch Word. Does this happen when yoy launch it from Start, Programs, or when you click on a word file in explorer, or do you use the office shortcut bar ?. Are you able to launch word at all ?

Andrew C

bebejai18

i go to Start, programs, ms word... either way, i still cannot launch it.. keeps giving me that error message

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

It looks like either your shortcuts are pointing to the wrong location or winword.exe is not on your system. How about other ofice programs; do you have any and are they launching ok ?. Do a file search for winword.exe and see if is available on your system.

Andrew C

bebejai18

i reinstalled Office2000 and it still doesnt work..

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Does winword.exe exist on your system, and if so what happens if click on it in explorer ?. Did you have Word operating normally in the past, and if so when did the problem arise. Was it after installing some other s/w or changing some settings ?

Pardon all the questions