New Lounger
    Thanks

fill down (2002)

I have several projects I'm tracking on the program level. All the projects have the same milestones. Is there any way to propagate those tasks to all the projects other than cut-and-paste?

Thanks

Re: fill down (2002)

Although all of your projects have the same milestones, are all of the tasks the same as well? If so, you could just copy the project to a new project to get what you want, but I don't think this is what you are looking for.

I think you are saying you have a project with milestones that are consistent between many projects and you want to know if there is an easy way to deploy the milestones to the other project besides using cut and paste. You could create a dummy project with only these milestones and then insert the project into each new project but you would still need to set the milestones predecessors so they would work. This would be easier if all of your projects were identical.

In short, I don't think there is an easy way to propagate the data as each project stores its own unique data set, even if the projects are subprojects within a master project. Cutting and pasting should work but as you know, whenever you create a project, you still need to create tasks, dependencies, etc. Good luck.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)