Lounger
    Thanks

System tray icons not all showing (Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 (Service Pack 1))

After I boot or restart, only some of the system tray icons show. If I logoff and on as the same user, all the icons appear. ("Hide inactive icons" is unchecked.)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: System tray icons not all showing (Build 2600.

In my experience, the system tray is one of the most fickle parts of WinXP. Elements show up and then they don't show up, without reason. Personally, I think you'd be better off to CHECK the box and then customize which icons you want to see and which ones you do not. Even then, something may suddenly appear when you least expect it or disappear as the case may be. I haven't ever seen a clear, definitive "fix" for the system tray.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: System tray icons not all showing (Build 2600.

<hr>I haven't ever seen a clear, definitive "fix" for the system tray<hr>
    As with all Microsoft releases, the fix will be forthcoming in the 3.0 release of the feature....for which you will pay through the nose!

I have to agree with you on using the "customize" function. It seems to work fairly well for me. My biggest nit is that you cannot clear the list of past items, which can grow to about a mile in length over time.
    -Mark