Lounger
    Thanks

Combo box doesnt save (Access 2000)

In my form based on the table Customers i have a combo box looking up for the employees. The tables Employees and Customers are related in one to many relationship, the primary key Employeeid in ther table Employees is connected with the key Employeid in the table Customers.
    The combo box is looking up for values in the table Employees,but the form is not based on this table, it is based on the tables Customers.
    I can open the combo box and i can choose an employee, but the form does not save the chosen employee for a given customer.

How can i do it properly ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo box doesnt save (Access 2000)

The combo box should be bound to the EmployeeID field (in the Customers table), i.e. the Control Source property should be set to EmployeeID. If you create the combo box using the Combo Box Wizard, such details will be taken care of automatically.

Lounger
    Thanks

I am sending the file with the form customer. Could you help me build the
    look up control ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you even tried to use the combo box wizard? To do so, make sure that the Control Wizards button on the Toolbox is "down", then place a combo box on your form. In the first step, you'll want the first option. Then follow the instructions of the Wizard, they are really easy to follow.

If you have some spare time, also try out what the other two options do. You'll learn more about combo boxes that way than if one of us creates a ready-to-use combo box for you. The Lounge is here to help with specific problems, and as you know we are very willing to do so, but not to make your homework assignments for you.