2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to get rid of PPoint tabs? (XP SP-1)

Hello,

The screenshot shows (what I think are) tabs on the PPoint ruler.

The helpful says you can just drag them off to get rid of them, but when I tried that they didn't move.

They are affecting the indentation of text on my Notes Page so I want to get rid of them. Also just 1 slide out of many has them. How do I delete them?

Help!! TIA.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to get rid of PPoint tabs? (XP SP-1)

As long as the person clicks inside a text box, the margin indicators will show, even in Normal view.

If you want to change where the items are lined up, then you will have to change the level associated with that specific text.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You're correct. You can see that I don't use PowerPoint very often! Thanks for the addition.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What is shown in your screenshot are not tabs, but various margins; you can't remove those. This kind of ruler is usually displayed when you are looking at one of the master views: slide master, title master or notes master; the margins are for the indentation of each level. I don't know how you could be seeing this in Normal view or Notes view.

Added: see reaction by <!profile=shades>shades<!/profile>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

As shades mentioned, you seem to have extra levels in your bulleted text. Each time you hit Tab when your cursor is at the beginning of a bulleted line, you'll "demote" your text a level. To reverse this, with your cursor at the beginning of the line of text, use Shift+Tab or hit the leftward-pointing green-arrow icon on your toolbar.

Also, you can indeed control the amount of indent for each level by dragging those markers around on the ruler. Hold down your CTRL button while dragging if you want more precise positioning (e.g., if you want to align the beginning of one tab immediately underneath another).