Lounger
    Thanks

Address Book (Word 2002)

The default in my address book is set to "Novell LDAP Address Book" and I would like to change it to the "Frequent Contacts." Can you tell me how to go about doing that? Also, I would like to change the order of the columns showing in the address book (I want the fax number and email columns listed before the phone number column). Is there a way to do that? Thanks!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address Book (Word 2002)

Is this a question about Word, or about Outlook?

Thanks

Following up on Hans' question, if you use Outlook, you can set the order of the address books for both Outlook and Word using a dialog in Outlook. In Outlook 2002, you can do it thus: Tools>Address Book... [Address book window opens] Tools>Options... and use the up/down arrows to re-order the books.

However, if you use Groupwise as your mail client, then the answer probably would be completely different!

Lounger
    Thanks

Our office uses Novell Groupwise 6 as its email program. Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Hopefully another GroupWise user will chime in. Otherwise, perhaps there's some help at Novell's site??

Lounger
    Thanks

MaryAnn -

We, too, use Groupwise 6. The default seems to ALWAYS be Novell LDAP Address Book, and I haven't found a way to change it. We just click the dropdown and manually switch it every time.

Regarding modifying the column order - we have macro code that brings up a form wherein we modify the address layout. I'm afraid I can't share that with you for legal reasons (the code was actually created for us by an outside consultant, so we don't "own" it). But, you may want to look into doing this or having it done for you.

HTH,
    Candi