Thanks

Access Forms with Excel (2002)

I have a 400 row x 50 column Excel list that's getting too large to handle easily with Excel's native capabilities. I could convert it to Access, but IMHO that would be overkill. All I want is a better way to enter data into my Excel list, and a way to see all 50 columns on the screen at the same time.

Excel's Help system indicates that you can use an Access form to enter data into Excel. I want to do that, and I know how to make Access forms. I've installed the add-in that enables the Access "tools," but that's as far as I can get.

The instructions make things sound simple, but the program seems to want to make an Access database or something. I get error messages saying that Excel can't open the Access wizard. There is something in Access that defaults the files to Access 2000 format, which may be what's hanging me up on this.

I need a little guidance on how to proceed, and Excel's Help doesn't provide enough of it.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks

Re: Access Forms with Excel (2002)

Have you looked at the Data, Form menu?

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

Yes. When my worksheet was smaller, I used the Excel form, which is useful but extremely basic. Now I get a "Too many fields in the data form" message.

Mainly I am looking for the greater flexibility that comes with the Access forms -- I've got a great form designed, and if I can figure out how to use it with Excel, I'll have exactly what I need.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks

Have you considered "recreating it" in an Excel Userform. (I don't have any experience "copying" one from access I - if that is even possible)

Steve

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

As an alternative to using Access forms, you could try Enhanced Data Form from John Walkenbach.
    It is free and unlike the built in form, does not have a 32 column limit.
    One issue with this add-in is that it assumes American style date inputs (eg mm/dd/yy)