5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Navigation view (FrontPage XP)

I have begun to revise a Web site. There are some pages that I have removed from the navigation structure by just right clicking on the page in the navigation view and unchecking

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Navigation view (FrontPage XP)

Jim,

If you have page check-in and check-out enabled, the 'pencil and paper' icon means that you have that page checked out. To another user on a network that icon will appear as a 'lock' indicating they can only get a read-only version.

The icon with the 'e' indicates that it is an Internet Explorer html page.

Hope this helps!

LMD

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Correct those are the pages I had open in the Page view section of the FP editor.
    Can you answer the first question about removing pages from the Navigation view?

Lounger
    Thanks

In the navigation view right click on the file you wish to remove. A 'Delete Page' prompt will ask you 'What do you want to do?' Your two options are: 'Remove page from the navigation structure' and 'Delete this page from the Web''. Select 'Remove page from the navigation structure'. You page will be removed from the nav structure and you should still see it in the folders view. If you are unsure go and make a copy of the page for safekeeping and then try it. FYI - I'm using FrontPage 2002.

LMD

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Perfect - I had assumed that Delete would totally delete the file from the Web and did not realize I had the option. There was no ... after Delete indicating that a dialog window would give me this option.