2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Speed of file open/use (Excel 2000 W/SR-1)

How do I speed up the loading of an Excell Spreadsheet ? The file size is 6 1/2 Meg
    with about 500 macros (no joke). All of the macro's are needed, are in the same file
    and run fine. I'm running a Dell C600 with 256M Ram. The unit is on a LAN but even
    when the line is unplugged and disconnected the load time is 15-minutes on my
    local machine !!! When I put the file (with all macro's) up on the intranet the load
    time is cut in half when run from another similar thin client. I've defraged and
    cleared my temp.internet file and, even after a weekend off and a clean start it's
    still this slow. It loads faster on my IBM 450 !

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Speed of file open/use (Excel 2000 W/SR-1)

Have you tried exporting, deleting and re-importing the Code Modules? Some other Loungers will have alternate solutions.
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Along the lines of unkamunka's suggestion, install Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner and run it against this workbook. Then save the cleaned file as HTML, and then re-save the HTML version as XLS. Your virus protection system may also be slowing the load down; test with and without. YMMV, and with 500 macros & 6
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Try turning off your Anti-Virus software and load the file. If that speeds things up significantly, then there may be an option in the AV software that needs to be tweeked.
    Legare Coleman